Introduction to Cognitive Science
Cognitive science is an interdisciplinary study of the nature of human thought; psychological, philosophical, linguistic, and artificial intelligence approaches to knowledge representation.
Credit Hours: 3
A total of 12 credit hours from any of the following areas: CSE, Ling, Philos, or Psych, or graduate standing, or permission of the instructor.
Meets the following Psychology Major Goals:
Knowledge Base in Psychology
- Describe key concepts, principles, & overarching themes in psychology
- Develop working knowledge of psychology's content domains
Scientific Inquiry & Critical Thinking
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in innovative & integrative thinking & problem solving
- Demonstrate effective writing for different purposes
Advanced elective for General Psychology
Syllabus: View Sample Syllabus
<< Back to listings