Provides a contemporary overview of the biological bases of several significant psychopathologies, including mood disorders, schizophrenia, and PTSD/dissociative identity disorders.
Credit Hours: 3
Honors standing, and Psych 2220(H), 2300, and 4501, and permission of the instructor; or graduate standing, and permission of the instructor.
Meets the following Psychology Major Goals:
Knowledge Base in Psychology
- Describe key concepts, principles, & overarching themes in psychology
- Develop working knowldege of psychology's content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
Scientific Inquiry & Critical Thinking
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in innovative & integrative thinking & problem solving
Advanced elective for General Psychology; Elective for Biological Bases of Behavior, Clinical Psychology and Individual Differences
Syllabus: View Sample Syllabus
<< Back to listings