Neuroeconomics and Decision Neuroscience
The focus of this course will be on the psychology and neuroscience underlying economic behavior. Discussion will cover various domains of economic decision making and what Neuroeconomics has taught us about them.
Credit Hours: 3
AEDEcon 2005, Stats 1450, 2450, Psych 2220 or Econ 3400; and Math 1148 or higher; and Econ 4001.01, 4001.02, 4001.03, AEDEcon 4001, Psych 3313, 3513, or 4508. Not open to students with credit for 5870. Cross-listed in Econ.
Meets the following Psychology Major Goals:
Knowledge Base in Psychology
- Describe key concepts, principles, & overarching themes in psychology
- Develop working knowledge of psychology's content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
Scientific Inquiry & Critical Thinking
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Engage in innovative & integrative thinking & problem solving
- Interpret, design, & conduct basic psychological research
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry
Syllabus: View Sample Syllabus
<< Back to listings